Each year during Advent and Christmas our family enjoys readings from our traditional book basket that contains a picture book to enjoy on each day of the season. This year, since Lent is fast approaching in just a couple of weeks, I thought it would be the best year yet to carry over this tradition into the Lenten season!
This year, there are not quite enough books to cover each day. I hope to add a few new titles as Easter basket gifts, and will keep my eyes open throughout the year to help build up our collection. The start of this new Lent tradition in our home, (if the Advent and Christmas baskets are any indication), will be eagerly welcomed by my children!
Here is a peek into this year’s Lent Book Basket (Hopefully, you will find a new title or two to enjoy!):
- He Is Risen: The Easter Story
- Easter Eggs for Anya: A Ukrainian Celebration of New Life in Christ (Traditions of Faith from Around the World)
- Michael Hague’s Family Easter Treasury
- Easter by Fiona French
- The Birds’ Gift: A Ukrainian Easter Story
- Petook: An Easter Story
- The Easter Story
- Love One Another: The Last Days Of Jesus
- The Way of the Cross for Children
- Celebrating Lent (St. Joseph Picture Book)
- The Miracles of Jesus by Tomie De Paola
- Jesus by Demi
- The Giving Tree
- Through the Eyes of John
Have any favorite picture books for Lent in your household? Help us all discover a good read–Please share the titles in the comments!
And visit Lacy for more Lenten ideas!