1. For the entire night we first met he couldn’t remember my name, and very loudly, and quite embarrassingly, kept asking my girl friend to remind him.
2. We didn’t actually have our first date until 3 months later. It was raining, he was late, and my curfew was just one hour after he arrived. I was 16.
3. We could have never been. He had just ended a relationship with a schoolmate because he was discerning the priesthood, but then met me. Yea, she totally loved seeing me in the halls.
4. He would make the 1 1/2 hour trek to my neck of the woods every weekend. Our entire dating relationship, 3 1/2 years, was long distance.
5. He used to write me letters and mail them to me at my college dorm just so I would get mail.
6. I was 19 when we married. I couldn’t even have a champagne toast.
7. We spent our first night together in our newly purchased home. There was nothing in the house yet but furniture. No phone, no clothes, no car and no neighbors. My luggage never made it to the get away limo at the wedding, and we were supposed to be at a family brunch the next morning at 11:00. Finally at 2:00 there was a knock at the door. No one had wanted to be the one to disturb the newly married couple!
8. After we were married for a few months he kindly, sweetly, and desperately asked me if I knew how to cook something other than rice.
9. He says he wanted to marry me because he knew I would sing to our children. And I do.
10. I love that he still wants to hold my hand.
Visit Betty Beguiles and share your list.